Devine magazine front cover, advertisment and contense page.
For my first magazine I have chosen to create a fashion magazine based around the world of Avant guard. I feel there was a gap in the market for this type of magazine. With celebrities becoming more outrageous in there dress sense and the likes of Lady gaga spreading this style I felt Avant guard has in the last few years become more mainstream. I feel with its exposure it is slowly becoming part of popular modern culture. I feel there is a gap in the market for a more outrageous and expensive magazine. Aimed at the middle and the upper classes I feel it could be the more outrageous sister to vogue, aimed at the same people it could tempt their fantasies. I believe the minimalist front cover shows how different the magazine is, I believe the type of people that would be willing to by a more expensive magazine wouldn’t care for the text. I also feel with an almost blank cover it shows how luxurious and different the magazine is and will aim itself at the right audience. Using the title of ‘divine’ I believe it symbolises the whole Avant guard feel. With the word divine meaning above god and heavenly, I believe it sums up the whole feeling of the magazine; the repulsive can be stylish and interesting.
For my first magazine I have chosen to create a fashion magazine based around the world of Avant guard. I feel there was a gap in the market for this type of magazine. With celebrities becoming more outrageous in there dress sense and the likes of Lady gaga spreading this style I felt Avant guard has in the last few years become more mainstream. I feel with its exposure it is slowly becoming part of popular modern culture. I feel there is a gap in the market for a more outrageous and expensive magazine. Aimed at the middle and the upper classes I feel it could be the more outrageous sister to vogue, aimed at the same people it could tempt their fantasies. I believe the minimalist front cover shows how different the magazine is, I believe the type of people that would be willing to by a more expensive magazine wouldn’t care for the text. I also feel with an almost blank cover it shows how luxurious and different the magazine is and will aim itself at the right audience. Using the title of ‘divine’ I believe it symbolises the whole Avant guard feel. With the word divine meaning above god and heavenly, I believe it sums up the whole feeling of the magazine; the repulsive can be stylish and interesting.
I believe keeping the front cover of my ‘Devine’ fashion magazine relatively bare signifies its difference and with a white and bold masthead and a black background I believe it helps it to stand out against the other colourful and busy front covers on the shelf. The slogan ‘grotesque is the new black’ implies this is a high end fashion magazine, the use of the word ‘grotesque’ implies a disturbed but interesting topic linking to the world of avant garde. The striking image brings the only part of colour to front cover, the daring clothing and makeup links to avant garde and also creates an eye catching image. The lack of text on the front cover symbolises its difference and again helps it to stand out against the other fashion magazines.
I believe my advertisement to be successful as it fits in with the style of Dolce and Gabbana adverts. Also the colours are used effectively and give a great contrast against the black background. The one striking image gives the advert an expensive look. The lack of products in the advert symbolises how expensive the brand is and also how revolutionary they are. With just the company name and logo it symbolises how the company view themselves as well known and high expense.
I believe the contents page works well as the colours blend together well but also give a good contrast. The images used show how the magazine is avant garde and how it’s different to the ordinary fashion magazine, the use of just one model is due to the fact that no one else was available also I believe it works in the magazines favour as unlike normal magazines that use around 50 models for one edition the use of just one shocks the day to day audience, also it can symbolise how the model could be a well-known celebrity. I believe using the crosses gives the magazine a feel of controversy, using the symbol for god as a fashion item is sacrilege. I believe the text helps to sum the magazine up, the heavy use of description targets the audience at the rich and highly educated. The montage of pictures creates many focal points to help keep the eye interested.



No comments:
Post a Comment