For my next magazine I have been asked to create it for a
school. Many school magazines are made
for the parents, I feel they pupils are left out and this is what I intend to
change. I have asked many students and
they too would like a magazine created just for them. I intend to create a magazine based around
the students, for the students. I intend
to create a new magazine that gives each student a slice of the gossip, I also
intend it to benefit the school and help the students voice their
opinions.
I intend to name the magazine ‘fetch’ based around the film
‘Mean Girls’, I believe the magazine the title will reach the target audience
well (Mean Girls is a well-known film, especially known by the target
audience). I also believe the title sums
up the entire magazine as the film mean girls is based around gossip and
letting your voice be heard. In the film
the word ‘fetch’ is used as a term of happiness and approval, I believe this is
what the magazine should symbolise.
I intend to give the magazine a striking image to try to
symbolise what the magazine is about. I
believe my sketch of the magazine is effective and is a style I wish to
continue, I believe the image implies gossip and revelation.
I intend to revolutionise school magazines, I believe the
school magazine should be for the pupils, not the parents. Helping students to get there feelings across
about the school, I believe the magazine could and will be used for the benefit
of the school, with a little fun added into the mix.
School magazine evaluation
I believe my school magazine has worked
well as it is unlike any other. I believe with the title of ‘Fetch’
it reaches its target audience well and also gets the purpose of the
magazine across simply. Relating to the film 'Mean Girls' it helps
the reader to understand the magazine is essentially about the gossip
and speaking out.
The use of the
bright colours separates itself from the other boring school
magazines and actually gets the students reading it, as its far from
dull. I believe many school magazines are tailored towards the
parents, and the pupils are simply left out. I feel with its vibrant
front cover it includes the students and creates an attractive
magazine. The use of the images on the front cover help again to get
the purpose of the magazine over and also to create an interesting
front cover that people will want to read. I believe using the same
picture but with different editing as a border works as unlike other
school magazines it helps to create a bright an interesting front
cover. The use of the garish colours helps the magazine to stand
out. I hope my version of a school magazine to be quite outrageous
and revolutionary as many school magazines are dull, boring and safe.
I wish my version of a school magazine
to not only give the pupils the gossip but to also help the overall
school. I believe it can not only be used for gossip but to help
revolutionize the school and how it works. I wish for it to be used
to change the school for the better and to help the students to get
their feelings across.
I believe calling the teachers only by
their last name on the front cover really helps to blur the line
between teacher and student (it may also have the pupils and teachers
talking)


No comments:
Post a Comment